Creative Media & Communication Course
Build your skills in communications and media
to amplify the message He has entrusted to you.
“In the beginning was the Word…” The entire universe was created by the power of God’s words. Through our thoughts, speech, songs, articles, visuals, websites, films, and all creative expression, we see that God’s Spirit resides in us. Our Creator is still creating today. Together as communicators we can see our world changed by creating with Him.
- Creative communication of the Gospel
- Biblical understanding of communication
- Leadership through powerful speaking presentations
- Creative team dynamics & interpersonal / cross cultural communication
- Writing for web, social, film and more – getting your story to your audience
- Communicating through the arts
- Jesus style communication – Understanding God as a communicator
Find your vision and your audience,
then connect the two.
This is communication.
We believe in setting the bar high for you as a student. We expect students to step into a new level of excellence in God inspired communication and to practice the skills you are learning. There will be student led class presentations, creative projects that feed into real world ministries, and an intentional focus on the “live – learn” ethos of the University of the Nations.
Media Skills Goals:
- Creating web and social content that speaks to a targeted audience
- Interviewing and foundational understanding of capturing quality film and audio
- Developing your writing skills for application in multiple contexts
- Presenting your vision and message with excellence
- Developing a communications strategy for a real world ministry or vision project
- Understanding core design principles to become a visual storyteller
write | present | preach | interview | capture | produce | publish | share | serve
In the Creative Media &
Communications Course, we…
- Create with Jesus
- Practice excellence and wisdom in communication / media skills
- Learn how God communicates in the Bible and today
- Empower others to communicate with excellence
- Spur each other on to creative excellence and a lifestyle of continual learning
SKILL AND PRINCIPLES
We set out to create a new type of School of Communication Foundations that bridged the gap between the skills and principles of communication that are needed to be effective in ministry or as a professional in the spheres of society… think: art, communication, education, science & technology, the Church, etc.
So maybe you want to be a filmmaker… a designer… a musician… a pastor… a writer… or an artist of any discipline? Consider building a broad foundation in your understanding of communication so that you can make a deep and powerful impact in your specific area of calling.
Jan 3 – Mar 21, 2019
AA Degree Track: $3,000
Course Code: CMC211
U of N Credits: 12
EXPERIENCE THE UNIVERSITY OF THE NATIONS
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE NATIONS IS NOT ACCREDITED BY AN ACCREDITING AGENCY RECOGNIZED BY THE UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF EDUCATION. Admission to the University of the Nations (U of N) and any of its sponsored programs is open to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, and educationally unrelated handicaps. U of N reserves the right to change schedules and course offerings as deemed necessary.